Friday, November 18, 2016

Packing, the pain.

My happiest pain in the ass. 

Some people pack to move their house, some people pack for happy sleep overs, and some pack to travel. 


My goal is to help you get better at packing to travel. Because let's face it, packing to move will always hurt our heads. And packing for a sleep over gets easier with age.


But how to pack for success to travel? 




My five fave things in my suitcase 


1. Happy Sleep = Happy Mara 

When I take my pillow and blanket along to travel, I snuggle into sleep a little faster. Then I get a jump start on the day, on the adventure. 

  


2. Four Pairs with out any care! 

I brought four pairs of shoes with me to Colorado, and here's why: I brought my NorthFace Hiking Boots to hike in. My favorite black bootie heels had to tag along for the evening adventures. My gray combat boots snuck along for a little diversity when I was bored. Finally, I brought my easy slip on casual maroon ankle booties to travel in. 



3. A Mexico Find Forever Mine 

My first trip out of the country, my sister and I found two adorable drug rug back packs in Cozumel market. Since then, one has joined me on every trip. It's perfect for throwing a water bottle, extra shirt, wallet, pens, and more for the day with out getting in the way. One hundred percent recommend. 



4. Granola? Organic? Showered Hippie? I don't need your judgement. 

Dry shampoo. Dry Shampoo. Dry Shampoo. And a black north face beanie helped me maximize my time in the high altitude. Also, beanie hats are very stylish in the mountains. My Dry Shampoo Choice: Aveda Shampure (it's the best) 



5. SOCKS, SOCKS, SOCKS, SOCKS, SOCKS, SOCKS, SOCKS, SOCKS, everybody!! 

I hike, run, walk, and snowboard. My feet are in hot enclosed places a lot which means my feet know how to stink, and stink bad. No one wants stinky feet in the middle of dinner after a long day of hiking. Therefore, changing socks twice a day with a rinse in between make you feel clean & fresh all the time. Maximize that time! 




The Five Things Not in My Suitcase  


1. Saline nasal spray

Willis, Jaclyn, and I's noses were dry like the Sahara Desert. Took me five times to the mountains to figure it out. #TravelHack am i right? 



2. Lip Balm

Yes, I brought chapstick, but I wish I had more. It seemed like my lips were always chapped, but the lip balm was in the car, or the coat pocket of my other jacket/ any other situation like that. 


3. A bigger suitcase

I am happy with the amount of clothes I brought. When you don't overpack, you have less to lose or leave behind. However, I think a bigger suitcase, the mess of the room would have been less. 


4.Toothbrush

Don't forget your toothbrush like I forgot mine. 


5. Sunglasses. 

Don't forget your Sunglasses like I forgot mine. But I did buy a cool pair from Forever 21 in Denver. 


Now go pack your bags. 



Adventure awaits. 





No comments:

Post a Comment