Monday, December 5, 2016

The Old Mattress Factory

Cool name, right? 

Old Matt Historical Time Line  
I thought so, too. When I first heard of the Old Matt's History, my inner history nerd bursted as questions started pouring out. What was this place like in the 1960's with all of the social change? Was it ever big enough for union formation? How many jobs did it create for Omaha? What kind of workers worked here? What was the main struggle in the midst of the Great Depression? How did Western Expansion affect business?  Then I rein it in - and breathe.

The Old Matt's history of the building remains intact. Exposed beams, brick walls, and wooden floors from the original architecture create a great space to take part of one an Omaha past, present, and future. I gawked at original business signage from previous owners that still hangs in the building over the last 133 years. I also spied on historical photos of Babe Ruth & Lou Gehrig from 1927 in Omaha!  



When I travel, I love to dive into the history of a place. And The Old Mattress Factory Bar & Grill is a great place to find History, Food,and Entertainment in Omaha, Nebraska. 

Adventure Awaits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment